Don't Be a Victim
Seven Tips for Instant Self-Defense Empowerment
- Give yourself permission. Allow yourself to use self-defense on any attacker, even
if that person turns out to be an acquaintance, friend, relative, or co-worker.
- Study the enemy. Learn all you can about today’s assault criminals - who they are,
how and where they strike, and what they are willing to do to their victims.
- Realize that you are your own bodyguard. Your husband, boyfriend, or local police
force may not be around to help you - always decide to rely on yourself.
- Watch and recognize the three ways men attack women.
- Trust and act upon your intuition and instincts. Your gut feelings are useless without follow-through,
so decide to become physically active and respond when that “little voice” alerts you to
- React and move out of harm’s way. When danger strikes, don’t freeze – instead,
break through your fear with instant mobility. Run – as far away and as fast as you can.
- Empower yourself with your self-defense decisions. Strengthen your safety measures
by making all of your personal security choices now, before the bad guy shows up.